A Creative Mint is one of the many inspiring design blogs that I read and Leslie’s post the other day, with this extraordinarily beautiful yellow flower and butterfly, was such an eloquent apology for a long absence from her blog postings. I asked if I could borrow it because I too have been delinquent and thought I could use her poignant message to slide in under the door and hope that no one noticed me missing.
Everyone’s world spins out of control for different reasons. My whole universe downsized since retiring from a 26 year career in real estate. Some days I’m not sure I’m even on the same planet as everyone else but my GPS tells me I am. So what could possibly turn my world in the wrong direction and clog my creative spirit?
- Laptop motherboard melted and took all my passwords with it including the key to this blog.
- Sewed too many dark fabrics which dulled the light in my workroom. Made me SAD.
- Switched to organic coffee which doesn’t have the same “on-steroids-turbo-charge”.
- Sewing machine needed re-threading and it its a real bi**h to fix… so I bought a new one. The CD manual got stuck in my old laptop.
- Reading too many BHG ” Big Ideas For Small Spaces” which results in brain poo … its true… your brain shrinks with age.
Yes… its all true. I now realize how distracted I have been lately. The simply beautiful reminder for me in Leslie’s picture (above) is that I’m so lucky to enjoy a rapidly growing clientele while indulging my creativity in my drapery / sewing business. I often feel like a butterfly directed only by scents and sights of a beautiful garden. That yellow flower is so fitting too. Yellow inspires optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. It promotes energy and sparks creative thoughts.
So having said all of that, I now have a very good reason to visit my favorite showroom at Maxwell Fabrics today to check out yellow fabric for my Spring Collections. 🙂
How about you? How would you add some yellow in your home decor or in your life? Make sure you stop by and read A Creative Mint too!