Use bright, splashy colors in a custom throw to instantly lift the mood and scenery of a room. A modern motif of fushia and chartruese flowers against a bright white like this throw blanket begs to be mixed and matched with some sassy, brassy pink and green throw pillows . You could even introduce some mixed yellow stripe so long as it picks up one of the other throw’s colors. By the way have you entered this weeks Pillow Giveaway?
Don’t just fold that decorative throw and bunch it up in a wicker basket (old idea)…
- Throw it over the arm of a chair or the foot of a chaise
- Open it up and drape it over the back of a sofa
- Use it to cover the sofa seat cushions
- Spread it out on top of the dining room table and arrange some place settings (picnic style)
- Drape it over a small occasional table
- Lay it out under the coffee table or chair like a small area rug (somewhere where it won’t be tripped over
- Hang it on a wall for a focal point
There are double upholstered buttons at each corner of the throw which are decorative by themselves but also handy to hook tassels onto as pictured above.
Come back tomorrow and see what coordinating pillows with mix and match options will do for this too! Check out my Etsy store for detailed information on this decorative custom throw. By the way… in the comments, tell me what you honestly think about the buttons on the corner. I really need your opinions! Cheers, Christine